Saturday, November 3, 2012

be thankful day 3

My mom playing with my youngest this last summer at the lake <3

My mom rationing out snacks to the grandkids while we all waited for fireworks this last summer
The weather today was fantastic . I couldn't have wished for nicer weather during any other season . It was a nice 75 degrees with an occasional breeze , perfect , just perfect.

   My day started out with my mom asking if we wanted to go for a picnic or a day at the park , just something to get out and enjoy the day. Not wanting to sit inside and do the cleaning I had planned on doing , we happily obliged. We then met my mom , my sister and her children at the city park for a picnic lunch. Spent the day playing on playground and enjoying the weather and before we knew it , we had been there nearly 4 hours. Days like today made me realize how much I am thankful for my mom. Like any other child I have had times that I was certain she was wrong , stupid, had no clue what she was talking about and I knew I was better of without her. But being a mother know... well , I just really know the truth lol .  My mom fought Breast Cancer in 2002 and beat it , but not after a difficult struggle. I simply could not imagine what my life would have been like if I had lost her then , being a young mother myself and still needing a mother. I sure don't know what I would do without her now , or what my kids would do without her . I am so thankful that all of my children will have the chance to be loved by her , and that she gets to watch them grow daily.


 so today I want to tell everyone how thankful I am for my mother , not only for being the best mom she knows how but for being the best grandmother she knows how to be too , Which by the way is GREAT , I couldn't imagine a better grand mother for my children , or a better teacher for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment