Monday, November 1, 2010

You really should , be thankful

Since this is November , obviously as you know the month that contains Thanksgiving. I intend to spend each day posting what I am thankful for . There will be more than one thing to be thankful for daily I am certain of but I plan to just elaborate on one a day :) 

November 1st 

We didnt do a whole lot , the boys and I hung out around the house most the morning , and then went to my mom's to break down her swimming pool.. Which she gave to me. Basically my kids are the ones who swim in it anyway lol . I think mostly she was just tired of taking care of it when she wasnt really using and the main catch with it being mine now was.... I had to take it down . blah. 

But today I am thankful for my sister, Katie.. My only sister. She is 7 years younger than me , and was actually born on the eve of my 7th birthday .My gift of sorts, I mean what 7 year old girl doesn't want a real baby for their birthday lol. But in the last 10 year or more Katie and I are really close. She's my right hand and now that she has children of her own ( often pictured on here ) I'm glad to be there for her. But she's always ready to help me out and I am thankful for that. She even got the dead bird out of the pool , and kept helping me despite how nasty the pool water was , all 5 inches of the green ,funky water that was in there from the rain last week . She didn't have to , but she did.

So that's my sappy I'm thankful for my sister post ..  It's easy to chant of things you should be thankful for when asked. The cliche' things , family , friends and good health . But to elaborate on WHY you are thankful for those things can really make you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment