Friday, August 13, 2010

you really should , plan ahead

Happy Friday the 13th, I hope you had a fantastic day. Mine was no different that had it been Friday the 12th or 14th.. 



So back to the topic of today's post... "Plan Ahead". I am actually going to start on some Christmas gifts now , in August,seriously. I've always got an eye out for a good deal, but these particular gifts are going to be handmade. No, not picture frames out of popsicle sticks, or a yard of fleece with the ends cut and tied together given as a blanket , or even potpourri crammed in a mason jar with a strand of Christmas lights.These will actually be knitted items the first one is going to be a pair of "Punky Gauntlets" a pattern I found on Raverly ( a knitting/crocheting forum). After searching hundreds of patterns and ideas I had for the gift. After finally deciding on this pattern I learned the author also has a blog that I am sharing with you :) Doublepointed , is the name of her blog and to be honest I have only read this pattern , so I cant vouch for the rest of the content.

These will be for a younger cousin , I am undecided on what colors still .As Im wanting to choose something that will coordinate with more clothing items , BUT having said that , if you knew the cousin these were for. she would wear them if they were neon and polka dot. I really think she will love this. I have other knitting plans on my agenda , a cowl for my aunt ( pattern to be determined later ) , some fingerless mitts for my daughter , and depending on how those go , I will add more from there, but those are my for sure items. I will be updating with the progress of the projects as progress happens .

For the first (and hardest ) part of knitting a project is , what yarn? what weight? what color? solid or variegated? So I am seeking your input.... 16 year old , wild and funky/fun girl... what colors would you make the sleeves in? I had thought about blue,light blue and white striped... but always open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment