Wednesday, November 3, 2010

You really should , be thankful #3

Well... day 3 and I am 3 for 3 ... I have actually posted everyday so far , all 3 of them lol .


November 3

Today's thing I am thankful for might seems a little non conventional . Something most people would loathe , well maybe not loathe but not be thankful for. Today I am thankful for rainy, cold fall days. I am thankful for these days becuase my boy and I cuddled on the couch watching cartoons all morning. I am thankful for rainy days because we staying in our pajamas all day . the boys took a 2 hour nap , at the same time while I just relaxed. Cleaned my kitchen and started on the de-cluttering I need to do in there to prepare to pain it . Once A come home from school D was awake and G was still sleeping. We all just hung out around the house. Topped a lazy day off with ordering pizza for dinner , then making Magic Cookie Bars for desert.

after posting on Facebook about the cookie bars , I thought I would share the recipe here , although I did not make it up ,Nor am I the first person to blog about them I'm sure.. here they are :)

First you mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together until all are moist and it's moldable

You then press the mixture into a baking dish about 1/4-1/2 inch thick

poor one can of condensed milk over the top of the mixture

cover that with coconut flakes

cover that with chocolate chips

bake on about 300 degree's until lightly browned , cool , cut, and eat


there they are  nothing super special , nor are my pictures.... but like I said before I am thankful for rainy cold days , cause no other day would have motivated me to make a batch of these , and spend the day laying around enjoying my boys company

No comments:

Post a Comment