Friday, November 1, 2013

Be Thankful November 1 2013

Another year and another go 'round for the "November Thankful Challenge"   many friends on Facebook have a go at this , but after sitting here for 10 minutes trying to think of a way to choose one thing I am thankful for , I am struggling .

But today I will write about my husbands grandmother. She is 88 years young and just recently moved to Florence South Carolina. After some health issues , and a few falls. She decided to sell her home of 46 years and take her younger sister up on the offer of going to stay with her. That frees her of the responsibility of the house up keep , gives her daily company. And allows her to be near her sister , her last living sibling. Unfortunately during the early stages of packing and about 6 weeks before the set closing of her home , She fell in the home and fractured her T12 vertebrae . Her injuries landed her in the hospital for 2 weeks and then she was moved to the VA for an additional 3.5 weeks. She was then released to the care of her sister so she was able to spend a last few nights in her home she shared with her late husband before the move. I am Thankful for the help she has offered my husband and I over the years , and not monetary help .But advice , life lessons and insights. Things that can not be bought only shared. Something she has said recently about issues within the family about her estate has really stuck with me , especially when dealing with the person she said this aimed at . She said " I hope your happy for the rest of your life" , that was her reply to learning that a family member was only interested in financial gain from her estate and wanted nothing of sentimental value. Whenever I am bothered by the selfish actions of others , I just hear her voice in my head say " I hope your happy for the rest of your life" and it just fits. I do wish The kids could have made more memories with her before she left , but we will be visiting her as often as we can and making positive memories with her for as long as we can.
   
   These are a few of the pictures I took on her last day before leaving , I took the big kids out of school early to be sure to get a chance to tell her goodbye until this spring. These were taken on October 22 , 2013 about an hour before she left for her closing.



Baby O and his Great Grandmother

Our four and their Great Grandmother . They love this lady dearly

My wonderful husband and his Grandmother  , She means the world to him .
this was taken on the actual moving day

No comments:

Post a Comment